Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

This is TOTALLY crazy

Whoops—It was for the previous contest...the kid lit one. I forgot I entered! The one I posted about is still on, so hurry and enter!!!

There were 400 entries and...

I WON. Tied for second place. I am in shock. I get a ten-page crit from Jennifer Laughran and a years membership to Writer's Market. WHEEEEE!!!! You guys bring me good luck!

So in honor of all of my awesome followers, present and future, I am going to run my own paranormal YA contest where what you win is a crit from me, the blood-thirstiest Cuda of them all.

Yep. So stay tuned for details. And an interview with Chuck Sambuchino, from Guide to Literary Agents.

Just had to share.

22 comments:

  1. Lisa, I saw your name listed. That's so exciting - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Lisa! Way to beat the odds! ;)

    Kidding, of course, I'm sure odds had nothing to do with it!

    Your contest sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah-hmmm.
    blood thirstiest cuda of them all?
    you obviously haven't looked at your latest crit from me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay..the SECOND blood-thirstiest Cuda of all. Unless you want to volunteer to help out.

    (she gets very offended if someone else claims to be nastier. And her latest crit is of an entire ms..some gashes, some gouges, some swipes with a met cleaver, but I can take it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Congrats on your major win. And I can't wait to see your contest. If you're feeling lucky, feel free to stop by my blog and check mine out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see that a fellow blogger buddy won! I was cheering for you this morning! Hip hip hooooooray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone! I'm still in a state of shock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about exciting! Great contest idea btw :) Anyone who wins a critique from you is one lucky person (I should know!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww..thanks, Steena! *blushes*. How's the ms going, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great! Congratulations Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! That's so awesome. BTW - your pic is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Double thanks, Cole-baby! Hoping to take a pic one day soon with all my buddy's books on the shelf behind me. Not an unrealistic aspiration at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Mary! (and congrats on momentous news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the contest win! I see your open interview post with Chuck Sambuchino...great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete