Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

HOW I learned to research my blog posts better...


After posting the last tidbit about Catherynne Valente, I implied and actually believed myself that Ms. Valente was a first-time novelist whom published her works online and was miraculously plucked from cyberspace and given a book deal. Further research reveals that Ms. Valente is an award-winning published author.

This still does not negate the fact that Ms. Valente did, indeed, first publish her work online before landing a book deal. However, I'm not sure how well her tactic would work for a lesser-known author. I am still impressed with her method and now I'd like to learn exactly why she did this and what her goal was. I was equally impressed with the writing. I'm going to see what I can find out, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. i dont think it would work for a unknown writer. Why buy the book when you can get it for free. :) thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read through her blog and found that she was raising donations. It was free, but if you wanted to help her out you could contribute. Very interesting to read her account, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome, Shelli, and welcome to mine!

    Yes, Tricia, it is very interesting none-the-less. I really like her writing style, too. She's got a fan in me. I will buy her book when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting. I'll be checking in to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really? She posted her work online first? I will have to check her out. But I agree with Shelli, I might not work for all unknown writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what large companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, participates in surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete